You will be taken to one of the most beautiful sites in Sicily, Mothia. An islet just off the coast destroyed by the Greek Sikeliot Tyrant of Syracuse, Dionysus the Elder in 397 BC and never rebuilt or inhabited. Archaeological excavations started thanks to Joseph Whitaker a British trader who also invested in the local Marsala wine exporting it to the whole world. The site has a beautiful museum which houses the famous Motya Charioteer. One day Tour.
- Morning: Leave at 8.30 arrive at 10am in Mothia. Walking tour of the islet.
- Lunch at local coffee shop.
- Afternoon: Visit local Museum. Leave at 4pm.
- Leave Palermo at 8,30 am, back by 6pm.
- Tickets to the site, ferry boat and lunch are not included.
- Transport needed to get there. Can be arranged.
If you wish to book this tour visit my contacts page.