This Tour will take you to discover two of the most stunning Elymian sites in Sicily, Segesta a Erice. The former is an archaeological site with one of the most impressive Greek Temples in Sicily, probably built by the Athenians, and a 2nd century BC Theatre.
The latter was famous in antiquity for its temple dedicated to Venus Ericina, goddess of love, nowadays a lovely medieval town with its Norman castle and Punic fortification.
You will find out about the local indigenous people of the Elymians and the archaeology of the places. One day tour.
- Morning: Leave at 9 am arrive at 10am in Segesta, two hour tour of the site.
- Lunch: Local coffee shop or in Erice.
- Afternoon: 2pm Erice. Norman Castle, Punic fortification walls, local museum and churches. Leave for Palermo at 4 max. 5pm.
- Leave Palermo at 9am, back by 6pm.
- Tickets to the site, monuments and lunch are not included.
- Transport needed to get there. Can be arranged.
If you wish to book this tour visit my contacts page.