Restored the “Martorana”
Reopened to the public after restoration, the church of St. Mary’s, known as “Martorana” for its proximity to the convent of the same name in Piazza Bellini. Inside the wonderful Byzantine mosaics. An Arab traveler, Ibn Jubair, who visited it in 1184, called it “the most beautiful work that there is in the world.” Today is undoubtedly one of the most beautiful religious buildings of Palermo and Sicily.
The Dancing Satyr returns to Mazara del Vallo
The famous bronze statue of a beautiful dancer of Dionysus, found in the spring of 1998 during a fishing trip in the Strait of Sicily, back to Mazara del Vallo after his long tour in London. On the occasion of his return, will be the presentation of the two cultural routes from the Museum to the city: “The contemporary work of Peter Consagra” in the center of Mazara del Vallo and “Archaeology of Islam.”
Restoration of the Villa Romana del Casale in Piazza Armerina
Perhaps only the former owners had seen so beautiful and full of charm. It took five years of work, eighteen million and the work of fifty young surgical experts, but now that the restoration of the Villa del Casale in Piazza Armerina is finished, mosaics, plaster and every room of this heritage, return emotions, impressions, of a world that no longer exists but that Sicily has retained.
The Spectacle of Greater Greece in the Valley of the Temples
The most imposing monument, of the whole Greater Greece, is situated in an enchanted valley, with flowery almonds. The result of this admixture between the cultural background, created by man, and natural environment is the unrepeatable charm of this site. The Valley of the Temples is the most important witness of the ancient classical culture. It puts together God and Goddesses temples as well as the area of the necropolis.