This Tour will take you to Selinus, a Greek sub-colony founded around 650-625 BC by inhabitants from Megara Hyblea. It was one of the richest cities in Sicily and always at war with Segesta. Destroyed by the Carthaginians in 409 BC it never recovered and was eventually abandoned. The site is as it was left 2.500 years ago. Its urban plan is one of the most impressive where you can see the division of space between the private citizens, the local government and the Gods. It has 8 temples among which are the ruins of the massive Temple G, dedicated to Zeus. There is also the famous Malaphoros Sanctuary, dedicated to Demeter and her daughter Persephone.
Twenty minutes away is Mazzara Del Vallo, a fishing town, which houses the famous bronze statue of the Dancing Satyr.
- Morning: Leave at 8.30 arrive at 10am in Selinus. Two hour visit of the site.
- Lunch at local fish restaurant in Mazzara del Vallo.
- Afternoon: Visit Dancing Satyr. Leave at 4pm.
- Leave Palermo at 8,30am, back by 6 pm.
- Tickets to the site, golf carts and lunch are not included.
- Transport needed to get there. Can be arranged.
If you wish to book this tour visit my contacts page.